Sunday, July 19, 2009

Good July so far

In addition to my first try tri (this should be a funny play on words...), I've had a good July so far. My running and biking have improved...now I need to get my swimming on par. I burned over 5,000 calories just in one week (July 3-9) but then I pay for it. I got sick, fever, bad cough...I basically was under the weather for a week. Even at my track work out after my week off, I still was coughing pretty badly for the first 20 minutes. But then as my longs warmed up, I felt much better. Yesterday I did a good bike/run combo; 15 miles biking in 50 min, followed up right away with a 3.6 mile run in 35 minutes. Today I swam 1,500 meters and went on a hike with the family in Portola Redwood State Park.

PS: the bike ride was the Portola Valley loop, there's a nice 3 mile climb. kept my cadence above 80 and my speed above 12 miles/hr for the entire climb. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment