Sunday, June 7, 2009

This could have ended way worse

I went for my first bike ride (on the road bike, not the commute bike) in a while.  I was planning to go for a nice 2 hr ride and was looking forward to putting 40-50 km on my bike.  I also put in a nice climb.  Mt Eden Road in Cupertino, if you've ever been there.  Its a nice semi steep 1 mile climb in the Cupertino/Saratoga mountains.  I did it surprisingly fast.  Kept my cadence at around 60 I guess.  I really felt good.  So what went wrong....  As I was starting my descent, my chain broke and got jammed.  I should have stopped earlier since my chain was spilling gears a lot during the ride.  

Had this happened during the climb or while I was going really fast down hill, I may have blogging from my hospital bed instead.  So the bike is in the shop and I really only got 1/2 the work out in that I wanted.  Other than that I feel great.  I think I may even go for a run later this afternoon.

you can see where the chain broke

No comments:

Post a Comment