Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Swimming with Michael Phelps

My highlight of the day...I joined my co-worker Nate today for a lunch time swim at the Santa Clara International Swim Center. Nate tries to go there every day to swim 3 km, but I digress. I swim my 1 km (500 m freestyle and 500 m breast). First time in a 50 m pool so I'm pretty happy and was tapping myself on the back.

Then, low and behold 15 minutes after I leave the pool and my lane, this skinny guy in yellow green speedos with long arms jumps in. Yes, Michael Phelps swam in the same lane I did! And I posted the pictures here to prove it. Turns out this weekend is the 42nd International Invitational Swim Meet and he was doing his warmups today after the public swim, in the SAME LANE I just swam in!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment