Tuesday, May 26, 2009

This is it, I'm committed

I've been talking about competing in a triathlon for a while now.  Even from before I got into shape I've been dreaming of this.  But after getting into shape, I really thought I could do it.  So I decided to sign up for a Sprint distance triathlon.  But I would always find some lame excuse not to do the actual sign up.... (probably pretty familiar to some of you).

So last week, there was a Team in Training (TNT) information meeting at work (Cisco if have to ask).  And one of the TNT events was the Pacific Grove Triathlon.  The choice was the Sprint or the Olympic distance.  And since I think I could do a sprint today, I decided to sign up for the Olympic distance.  1.5 km swimming; 40 km biking and 10 km running.  The big day is September 12.


So this blog is to document my daily progress (or lack thereof) and to keep me accountable to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment