Sunday, August 23, 2009

back from vacation, with a smile

It's almost been a month since my last blog update, so what have I been upto? Here's the quick overview.

Aug 1; bike and run circuit; 6 x 3 mile bike and 3 laps around the athletic field. And since I bike to and from the field; I did 31 miles on the bike and 4.5 miles running. All in 2 hr and 35 min.

Aug 6-18 was our annual vacation. We drove 2,975 miles in 9 days and went camping and hiking in Yellowstone National Park (our picture at Artist Point in the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone) and Grand Teton National Park.

I got back seriously into preparing for the tri 4 days ago at the Team in Training Thursday track meet.
  • Thu Aug 20. 16.5 miles bike (in 50 min) and 2.75 miles run (in 25 min)
  • Fri Aug 21: 6.2 mile run in 1 hr
  • Sat Aug 22: 1.25 mile swin (1 hr) and 31 mile (in just under 2 hrs)
  • Sun Aug 23: @ PacGrove Tri course. 1 mile open water swim (45 min in 58F/14C cold water); 25 mile bike ride (in just under 90 minutes) and only a 2 mile run (in 21 min). I could not run much more unfortunately. Also I was completely drowsy and weak on my feet after the swim. I need to eat and drink more before going in the water.
Just as a reminder, my olympic distance tri is 1 mile swim/24 mile bike/6 mile run. So based on today's "race" my target time should be around 3:15 + transitions.

I'm putting down the line here in my blog; I will try to finish the race in under 3 1/2 hours (including my transitions)

No comments:

Post a Comment